<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 08, 2005


Yesterday I recieved my Fuel Rebate check (much to my surprise) from the Gov Richardson and the State of New Mexico and I ran errands today, minly to pay off debts and also my electric bill, so when it gets cold I dont have to sleep with three blankets and two jackets... again. Nowadays I can spend very little on myself while the bulk of it flies towards utilities or crap.

No call from the Traffic Dept yet, I am getting nervous again about my employment status. Hopefully I can start working before this week is out.

Anyho I am on the bus and this asian lady, I think she was korean, sits in the seat in front of me and starts talking in korean to me, I am just sitting there staring at her with this 'what are you saying??' puzzled look. She notices and talks in english, saying she thought I was someone she knew, it was confirmed after I told her I was a native and not from around here. But we still made small talk, where we were from, what we spoke stuff like that, she gets off the bus and I say bye. There was also some pretty chatty and overall cheerful people on the bus today, including a little girl who said hello and good bye to people when they got on or off the bus. Its times like these when I enjoy riding the bus.

I seem to have one of those faces, when I am at work I will have strangers come up to me and ask if I went to school at Mayfield or Onate here in Cruces, they get surprised when I tell them I am not from around here but they insist I am the person they think I am, this happened at least a dozen times with customers and at least twice with other employees and even the hiring manager, he though I was Zuni. My brother and I used to have people come up to us asking if we were twins (WE ARE NOT) or mistaking him for me, we saw absolutely no resemblance, although I was tempted to test it, but I never got around to it, I wonder if it still happens to my brother back home.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?